Saturday, January 27, 2007

Looking for some answers

After 18 years of teaching EFL in Japan by instinct and by trial & error, I began an MA TEFL through the distance program at the University of Birmingham in April 2006. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to develop professionally or to 'go deeper' into teaching. It is challenging and stimulating albeit overwhelming at times.

I have found myself becoming increasingly frustrated that most of the readings in my course are ESL based and/or based on research done in countries other than Japan.

Therefore, my aim with this blog is three-fold:

1. I would like to collect relevant research that has been conducted in Japan.

2. I would like to do some collaborative action research related to junior and senior high school teaching.

3. I would like to build a network of teachers with similar interests.

I look forward to the adventures that lie ahead.

Steve

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Fabulous!!! I'll be your biggest fan!